Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Comida y Diferencias

(Food AND Differences)

I had trouble uploading my pictures again last night, but we've just been touring companies and having class so I'm not gonna double up today. I do have some more food for you though! They have "papas fritas" here, which SHOULD be like french fries... but they're not. They're fried potatoes, and sometimes in the shape of fries, but they're usually soggy and not salty.

The round things are papas fritas. We also had a quiche-like
thing and a meatloaf-like thing.

We also had a desert that was cut up apples and bananas with cream on top.


There's a soft drink that's like the thing to drink here called "pap." It's made from papayas. I didn't really like it. It has a really strong taste, and to me it tastes like those orange circus peanut things.



We went to a really nice restaurant Saturday. Most of us had salmon and rice. At restaurants here they don't give you refills on soft drinks. They give you a glass bottle with your drink in it and a cup.

Drink in a bottle
Salmon and rice














I bought postcards today! Apparently they're going to take a month to make it to the U.S. though... that is, after I send them. I'm gonna try to send them tomorrow. That's all I have for now. We have a guest speaker tomorrow, so I may not post again. We have a bike tour Thursday though, so maybe I'll be able to take more pictures. Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment