Sunday, May 19, 2013

Valparaíso & Santiago

Yesterday, we saw more of Valparaíso. We went to see another one of Pablo Neruda's houses, which is located in Valparaíso, and we walked most of the way to get to see more of Valpo. I have pictures from Valpo, but not Neruda's house because they don't allow pictures. I will say though, on our audio tour they said that the English originally named Chile as Chilly because of the extreme cold temperatures of the Andes mountains which form a natural eastern border for Chile. Here are some of the things we saw while climbing the hills of Valpo:

Pablo Neruda
Street Art














Street Art

Today, we went to Santiago. We saw the Chilean version of the White House called "La Moneda." Then we went to the central square called "Plaza de Armas." For lunch, we went to the central market and had seafood:

Paila de Mariscos

Then we went to a hill called Santa Lucia. Santa Lucia is the first place they started building what is now the city of Santiago. The original structure was called Castillo (Castle) Hidalgo. Here are some pictures from there:

Jardín Circular
(Circular Garden)
View from the top of the hill












Castillo Hidalgo

And here is a picture from our two hour bus ride to Santiago at 8 a.m.:

Will and a sleeping Carli

Shout out to Will! Because he wanted one, even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this. I don't know if I'm gonna have a post tomorrow or not. We're going on a company tour. Apparently they're really interested in Auburn, and there are gonna be some big execs there. But I will definitely have something Tuesday, because we're going to the parade for their holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment